Disconnect from the outside world and turn your awareness inwards.
Why? Because in this busy, crazy, over stimulated, screen addicted world – its essential to come back to your centre, connect to your “peaceful place” and listen to the whispers and guidance of your soul.
Start small. Begin with one still minute.
Give stillness the space it needs to grow within you by creating your own stillness ritual.
Possible pathways to stillness: Belly breathing, repeating a word or mantra such as “calm” or humming to help quieten things down on the inside. If those don’t work for you, hold a stone or crystal. I’ve shared my stone stillness ritual with you below. Enjoy!
I sit with a cuppa of chai whilst holding a beautiful beach stone.
I inhale the energy and presence of the stone.
I tune into the strength and patience of the stone.
I feel into the stillness of the stone.
I speak to the stone. She tells me she can fly, skim across water and roll down hills. She is also fluid and mobile. Never once losing connection to her profound inner stillness and calm strength.
I understand. I sit with her wisdom pulsing in my hand.
Eventually, as the medicine transfers from the stone – into my hand, and then deep into my body. I feel connected to my own pool of inner stillness.
I feel blessed. xx Carole
14 inspirational quotes on stillness:
…….Relax you are here now……
Hope you enjoy my little inspiring collection of quotes on stillness.
1. “When you don’t know what to do, get still, the answer will come” Oprah Winfrey
2. Silence helps to settle and calm your nervous system.
3. “Being still is a key factor for hearing our best lives calling us” Martha Beck
4. “One way people can develop peace in themselves is just by sitting quietly and breathing” Thict Nhat Hanh
5. “When you experience yourself in stillness you experience yourself in clarity” Eckhart Tolle
6. “When you lose touch with your inner stillness you lose touch with yourself” Eckhart Tolle
7. “Sitting, lying or walking peacefully un-distracted for 15 minutes will activate different aspects of your nervous system and immune function. Your body will soon start to replenish itself again”.
8. “It is not wise to dash about. Shortening the breath causes much stress. Use too much energy, and you will soon be exhausted. That is not the Natural Way. Whatever works against this way will not last long.” Tao Te Ching
9: “The aim of stillness is simple. To pay more attention to your inside world rather than your outside world” Carole Fogarty
10: “Learning how to be still, to really be still and let life happen – that stillness becomes a radiance” Morgan Freeman
11: “Through return to simple living comes control of desires. In control of desires stillness is attained. In stillness the world is restored” Lao Tzu
12: “Wherever you go in the midst of movement and activity, carry your stillness within you. Then the chaotic movement around you will never overshadow your access to the reservoir of creativity, the field of pure potentiality” Deepak Chopra
13: “It is the stillness that will save and transform the world” Eckhart Tolle
14. To know who you really are and to find how you are really feeling can be discovered in stillness
15. “When thoughts come out of stillness, they have power” Eckhart Tolle
Stay connected with Rejuvenation Lounge’s community:
Grab your daily replenishing ritual here
Zip back to Rejuvenation Lounge‘s blog
Download your free Rejuvenation Lounge Manifesto. It oozes relaxation!
Treat yourself to one of Rejuvenation Lounge Retreats – Italy, England, Spain, Bali and France.
Join Rejuvenation Lounge’s monthly Global Full Moon Healing Circle
p.s The next full moon healing circle will be in October.
What I’m loving at the moment:
I read this book in a matter of hours, many years ago.
It’s small. Simple. Yet packed with delicious wisdom and insights as only Eckhart can do.
Stillness Speaks by Eckhart Tolle is a book I know you will adore.
Rejuvenation Lounge Full Moon Healing Circles:
You are very welcome to join, no matter where you live in the world.
The circles are active and streaming healing vibes your way from the start of the full moon and continue for up to 10 days.
Click here to read more about my Full Moon Healing Circles. xx Carole