One Word Mantra For 2013:

by Carole Fogarty

“If you don’t want it then why think about it” Carole

What’s your faithful one word mantra that will anchor you into the energy you are keen to flow with in 2013?  One word in essence that could change your life or be your life saver.

It’s about finding one word – just for you – the real you. Your very own “power word” which you carry silently but confidently with you wherever you go for the next 12 months.

A one word mantra that you know in your belly and feel in your heart will change your life. Perhaps forever? Your own personal medicine in the form of a word.

Write it on a piece of paper.  Carry it with you in your wallet.  That way it’s never far from your intuitive energy field.

My one word mantra is connect for 2013:

After my full moon release and meditation last night it became very clear my faithful one word mantra for 2013 will be “connect”. Last year it was “gentle”.

Connect will be my loyal companion in 2013. Never far from my awareness. The more I notice this word, chant this word or write this word down the more I will witness its rippling effects.

My inner voice seems keen for me to “plug in” more deeply – into my life. Connecting with and not shying away from, stepping back from or playing it too safe.

I get a sense that when I connect more meaningful I will notice more of my life.  The small, the unseen and the subtle precious moments. I also suspect I’ll become more intimately connected to myself and the universe.

If you are interested here’s my personal notes that I journaled after the word “connect” chose me:

When I connect meaningfully I notice my precious breath

When I connect meaningful to this moment, I am grounded, more centred and plugged in.  I am at the right place at the right time.

When I connect to my body I truly listen to what she has to say

When I connect meaningfully to my inner truth I honor my own unique path in life

When I connect meaningfully to others I really listen with my full kind awareness

When I connect meaningfully to the moment I’ll be focused on one thing at a time.

When I connect meaningfully to the moment I won’t be easily distracted.

When I connect meaningfully I notice detail.  I notice beyond.

When I connect more meaningfully to nature, I hear her wise words and feel her balancing presence. I allow myself to linger.

When I connect meaningfully to my intuitive guidance I won’t miss signs along the way.

When I connect meaningfully to another human being I’ll look into their eyes.

When I connect meaningfully to my energy levels I’ll know when I need to pause and when I need to be in motion.

When I connect meaningfully to the universal energy I let go of my fears, let go of my worries, let go of my insecurities and allow my life to flow effortlessly. I trust.

I’d love it if you shared your one word mantra for 2013.  Can’t wait to hear what they are.

____________________

Peace, love and chocolate, Carole

Know you are always welcome to email me.

My email is healthylivinglounge@gmail.com

____________________

Subscribe via email or rss feed and receive Carole’s weekly posts

You can also grab Carole’s daily rejuvenation prompt by clicking here

Or Click here to zoom back over to Rejuvenation’s Lounge front page

____________________

What I’m reading at the moment:

I can’t begin to explain how fabulous this book is.  Yoga for Emotional Balance by Bo Forbes clinical psychologist and yoga teacher.

Bo has combined her years of clinical psychology practice with yoga therapy and restorative yoga  to offer simple practices to help with stress, fatigued body and mind, anxiety and depression.

Bo talks extensively about the mind/body connection and shares lots of case studies which she has gathered over 7 years explaining how effective gentle restorative yoga postures and therapeutic breathing is in stabilizing our emotions.

If you want to be a little less reactive to the world around you then this is the book for you. Carole.

____________________

Join Carole at one of her rejuvenation or specialized retreats:

Carole’s retreats include deliciously gentle restorative yoga, therapeutic breathing practices, intuitively guided meditations and other profound nurturing rituals.

Everyone is very welcome. Perfect for anyone, any age.

Please click here for all the rejuvenating details.

___________________

Click here to find out more about Carole’s deep rest retreats in Italy and Bali for 2013.

____________________

{ 13 comments… read them below or add one }

Sheila December 30, 2012 at 10:48 pm

This is an interesting concept, Carole. I think my mantra for 2013 will be a bit wordier: “breath and let go”.
My surviving parent has dementia and, in all probability, won’t be “here” this time next year. A few months ago, my husband had a heart attack. We were very lucky – he’s fine now. Since the summer, however, I have been all too keenly aware of the fragility of life – I lost my first husband 20 years ago – death is no stranger.
It is not uncommon for me to waken in the middle of the night gripped with inconsolable sadness and fear anticipating the loss of loved ones.
This is no way to live. There is nothing I can do to change anything. My parent is in a wonderful facility and my husband is heeding his wake up call. I need to “breath and let go” and trust that all is unfolding as it should.
P.S. Your previous post (“Let Go of Your Year” ) was most timely. :)

Kat December 31, 2012 at 12:30 am

Hello Carole, it’s wonderful to have come upon your website, full of great advice and inspiration. Your one word mantra sounds wonderful, I like the word “trust” but still will let myself open up to any other word that comes up in these last days. I’m so happy to have found you here, best wishes for the New Year!

Carole Fogarty December 31, 2012 at 9:50 am

A big thanks Kat for your kind words. May your thoughts be filled with meaningful, life changing words of encouragement. xx Carole

Elvie December 31, 2012 at 9:12 am

Since reading this a few hours ago I’ve been sitting here giving passing thoughts to this idea and nothing was really sticking or feeling right. I decided to clean out the tray of papers on my desk and came across a note I made not too long ago because I didn’t want to forget the name of a cat in a book that I had read – Fukumaru – Japanese for “good fortune circle”. So, fukumaru is going to be my mantra. It will not only remind me of that cuddly cat & the amazing relationship he had with his person, but it reminds me that I am surrounded (or encircled) with good fortune and to always be aware of that and how I can use it to help others.

Carole Fogarty December 31, 2012 at 9:44 am

Elvie, thank you so much sharing. I love it. Fukumaru – Japanese for “good fortune circle”. Happy 2013. Peace, love and chocolate Carole xx

Felicity January 2, 2013 at 7:31 am

Great post! Happy to have found you through @Erica_ D_ House The word that comes to my mind is ‘ accept’. It plays to having faith that whatever is being presented to me is for a reason and to accept it. I love your mantra! I feel lime that was my theme last year! Happy New Year

Carole Fogarty January 2, 2013 at 8:09 am

Love it Felicity. Accept. Accept what is. xx Carole

Kara January 15, 2013 at 7:11 am

Hi Carole,

Nice post! I was having a hard time deciding between “slowing down” and “deepening”. I settled on “deepening” because I think that’s what happens when I slow down. I always seem to need to live my life at a fast pace, but it seems time now for slowing down.

Kara

Maggie February 11, 2013 at 3:54 pm

My word is “Let it Go”. Hopefully by the end of this year I will have let it all go and not carry any baggage into 2014. Your pages are amazing. Thank you.

Maggie

Carole Fogarty February 12, 2013 at 6:48 am

Thank you Maggie. “Let it Go” sounds fabulous. So, so appreciate your kind words on my blog.

Michele April 4, 2013 at 10:22 am

Hi Carole,

I came across your blog a year or so ago and have taken immense enjoyment and inspiration from your posts. Earlier this year I spent some time considering some changes in my life based on generating desired feelings rather than setting goals. I’d had a strong sense that my life was contracting so the word that leapt for me was ‘expansion’. I realised I wanted it to apply to so many aspects of my life: creativity, family, friendships, health, experiences and so on. And since then I’ve been having a ball living it by taking new classes in things I’ve wanted to try for ages, meeting new people and creating time for what’s important to me. My family has literally expanded as I have a new sister in law and my health has improved by using different approaches to chronic problems. And interestingly, in doing all of this, my views on my life and ideas for what I might do in the future seem to have expanded accordingly in wonderful ways.

Thank you for continuing to share your thoughts on life and for your love of chocolate : )

Michele

Carole Fogarty December 31, 2012 at 9:45 am

Wow, Jesslyn. Awake! Such a profoundly life changing word. It has so many layers. Let me know how your years flows. xx Carole

Carole Fogarty February 13, 2013 at 7:13 am