12 Great Ways To Strengthen Your Aura:

by Carole Fogarty

“Every cell in my body is loved and healthy”

Your aura is simply an extension of you.   When strong it acts as a protective shield.  When fragile or damaged it can leave you drained, unwell and feeling disconnected from yourself.

Think of your aura as your own personal body guard (in the form of a giant bubble) that simply “flicks off” anything stressful, disturbing or potentially draining that you may be sensitive too.

crystals.jpg

I’m a firm believer in cleansing and nurturing the aura for the overall integrity of our health and well being.    Particularly, when many ancient cultures from around the world believe, that illness first starts with a weakness in our auric field.

Years ago I completed a crystal healing practitioner course, and discovered how effective crystals are in cleansing, repairing and strengthen the aura.  Black tourmaline would have to be my favourite as it can draw off and then transmute negative energies we may have knowingly or unknowingly been exposed too.

If crystals are not your “thing” then I have shared with you below, a collection of aura cleansing and strengthening remedies that I have gathered and used (at some stage) over the past 20 years.

Please feel free to share your own aura strengthening remedies that you have successfully used the past, I’d love to hear them.

12 great ways to strengthen your aura:

1: Yogic cleansing bath:

This recipe helps removes chemicals from your physical body and negativity from your aura.  Soak for 20 minutes each day and repeat for 7 days.

If you start to feel dizzy or a little weird leave bath immediately as you have successfully loosened and removed enough toxins and negativity for one day.

• 1 lb Baking soda
  • 1 cup Sea salt

* Six special bath recipes for sleep, relaxation and healing:

2: Sage smudge stick:

The smoke from white sage is known by the North American Indians to be very cleansing.   I love white sage and have used it successfully for over 20 years to remove negative vibes that I sense in my home or around me.    Sage emits negative ions which is the good stuff you find in the air just after a storm or at the ocean.

To cleanse your aura, simply light your sage smudge stick and use your hand to direct the smoke over your head, face, front/sides of your body, under your feet, around your hands and arms, and as much of your back as you can reach.

Here is what a Sage Smudge Stick looks like:

3: Let the sun feed your aura:

Lots of lovely sunshine is known to feed and expand the aura.  Spending time outside amongst nature is incredibly healthy for your body, mind and soul.

The sun fuels you with energy, optimism and loads of vitamin D whilst nature nourishes your senses and grounds you.

4:  Sea salt:

Swimming in the ocean or soaking in a salt water bath greatly helps to cleanse the aura and draw out stress.

The sun expands and feeds your aura whilst the sea carries away the negativity.

If you don’t have a bath, and not near the ocean, simply give your body a sea salt scrub before taking a shower.  Grab a handful of sea salt and rub it all over your skin before showering.  It helps remove dead skin cells, refreshes your aura and draws out toxins.

5: Cold shower:

Cold showers have the ability to clear away negativity in your auric field, remove toxins, improve circulation and draw out tension from your body.

I have personally put the cold shower theory to the test for a whole 3 months (over summer a few years ago).  The results were amazing.

My thoughts were clearer, I felt lighter, more energy and things which normally bothered me and hung around my thoughts for days – came and went with ease.  I didn’t hold onto negative stuff like I had done before.  It helped me greatly through a very difficult time in my life.

* 12 essential reasons to take cold showers:

6: Sound medicine:

Sound is recognized by many ancient cultures as a healing tool.  The sound from Tibetan singing bowls and crystal bowls are well known for their ability to dissolve negativity and clean your energies.  Listening to their sounds before going to sleep is an easy way to support your overall well-being.

Alternately chanting the sound   “Om” is an incredibly fast and efficient way to shift stuck, stagnant or negativity energy from your aura and physical body.

7: Labradorite (crystal) :

This crystal is worth a special mention.

Labradorite has been shown by Kirilian photography to heal tears in the auric field by preventing leakage.  Holding a labradorite crystal for 20 minutes will last for about 12 hours after the stone is no longer worn.

It is dubbed the “healers” stone and is widely used as protection by body workers, teachers, childcare workers and nurses.  It’s a great crystal to wear as a bracelet.

8: Reduce your exposure to electrical stuff:

The radiation and frequencies which are emitted from electrical gadgets, I believe, can interfere with our bodies own natural rhythms, cycles and well-being.  Spending too long, at close range, to these man made frequencies can build up static in your auric field and can cause disturbances.

Make your bedroom a priority to be as electrical free as possible.  Charge all your gadgets away from your bedroom or at the very least away from your head when sleeping.

Lepidolite is a fabulous crystal to have as a protective field of energy between you and your electrical gadgets. At home I place piece near our TV, beside the beds and near the computer.   You will notice over time, the lepidolite eventually becomes paper thin as it absorbs the radiation. It’s quite amazing.

9:  Vetiver (an essential oil):

A few drops applied to your belly button at night with help you from taking on too much of other people’s junk.  Vetiver is very grounding, and particularly balancing when feeling spacey after long sessions in front of a screen.

It’s excellent essential oil for calming and grounding and one of my favourite essential oils to use at home.

Vetiver also has a special relationship with your chakras and helps to bring them into alignment.  Your chakra’s are directly connected to your aura.

10:  Black Tourmaline (crystal):

Great for deflecting radiation and is well known for transmuting negative energy from the aura.  It’s a protective stone that can also help you with negative thinking.  Its the perfect crystal to carry in your handbag.

Crystals have been used for thousands of years for healing and protection.  Smoky quartz on your desk or near the phone will protect you from other people’s stresses and negativity.  Amber is an excellent stone to help strengthen your aura. Kunzite will detach unpleasant thoughts.

I can highly recommend wearing an ametrine (amethyst and citrine) bracelet for around 3 – 6  months to heal tears and holes in your auric field that may have appeared from surgery, child birth or extreme stress.

11: Flower essences: Fringed violet and Angelsword:

Angelsword repairs and Fringed violet helps heal damaged or distressed auric fields. Take orally or dab 7 drops of each onto your solar plexus (just below your belly button) before going to bed.

Both these flower essences come from the Australian Bush Flower essence range.   If you don’t live in Australia I recommend buying the equivalent flower essences from your own country.

One overseas essence that I can recommend is the Guardian spray from Alaskan essences.  I have personally used this spray many times.  It is known to create a powerful force field of protection in your aura.

12: Be mindful of people and places that zap your energy:

Notice which places, people or situations leave you consistently feeling zapped or drained.  Limit yourself to these situations or at the very least wear a protective crystal to prevent your energy being leached.

Labrodrite would be a good crystal to start with.

* Attract more positive energy
____________________

Stay connected with Rejuvenation Lounge’s community:

Grab your daily replenishing ritual here

Zip back to Rejuvenation Lounge‘s blog

Download your free Rejuvenation Lounge Manifesto.  It oozes relaxation!

Treat yourself to one of Rejuvenation Lounge Retreats - Italy, England, Spain, Bali and France.

Join Rejuvenation Lounge’s monthly Global Full Moon Healing Circle

__________________
Beside my bed:

bookcoverThis book is stunning medicine for your mind, body and soul.

I’m re-reading it …. again!  Whilst a novel in essence, it’s cleverly written layered with wonderful life teachings.

Imagine what life would be like if you were in fact the Dalai Lama’s cat.  Quite possibly you could become the kindest most compassionate cat in the world.

The amazing thing about this book – it always leaves me feeling calm and peaceful.  An energy oozes from it.

The Dalai Lama’s Cat is by far one of my favourite books. xx Carole

____________________

Rejuvenation Lounge Full Moon Healing Circles:

fullmoonswirlsEach month I craft a unique Global Full Moon Healing circle with specific healing and therapeutic qualities.

You are very welcome to join, no matter where you live in the world.

The circles are active and streaming healing vibes your way from the start of the full moon and continue for up to 10 days.

Click here to read more about my Full Moon Healing Circles.  xx Carole

__________________

{ 32 comments… read them below or add one }

Nina December 28, 2009 at 8:14 am

Thank you. I live by the sea on a beautiful sunny island. Maybe the sun and the sea has helped me become more conscious about my inner self. I’ll be back to learn more about rejuvenation.

Thank you.

Gail January 20, 2010 at 6:22 am

For the Yogic Aura Cleansing Bath recipe – is that 1 pound of Baking Soda and 1 cup of Sea Salt per bath – as in 7 pounds of Baking Soda and 7 cups of Sea Salt for the whole 7 day ritual?

Carole Fogarty January 20, 2010 at 7:46 am

Hi Gail,

Yes each bath needs just under 500 grams or 1 lb of baking soda and 1 cup of sea salt.

The recipe is from a wonderful book called “Water Magic”.

I’m sure you could use less (half the recipe) and see what difference you notice.

I also guess it depends on the size of your bath. Some baths are definately smaller than others.

Blessings

Carole

TB February 7, 2010 at 9:49 am

Oh, your words ring so true! And talk about synchronicity!

I was told recently by a person who reads auras that I have a tear in mine. I happen to be running a search in google and I stumbled into a novica.com website.

While looking at the Novica website (under jewelry) there was a labrodite bracelet designed and created by an artisan from India which stated (within the bracelet’s description) about the stone’s aura healing properties. I then ran a search on labrodite aura healing and found your website. So here I am. And Thank You for your 12 steps in strengthening aura’s. I am in need of this. May you be Blessed Over and Over for posting and sharing your wisdom. Our earth needs it!

TB

Michelle June 19, 2010 at 9:10 pm

Thank you so much for your website. I came across it tonight and have found so many wonderful articles, I am looking forward to reading more.

Ritu September 22, 2011 at 12:42 pm

Hi,

Thankyou so much for sharing this useful info, i badly need it.
Which colour of labrodite we can use for protection ? Anyone can use it or its based on zodiac signs ? Pls guide me .
One more question , there are jewelley available for chakra balancing , is it worth buying ? Does it work ? Actually i came across one person who knew how to see aura & chakras, he told me tht my 3 chakras are imbalance – mooladhar, heart & one more ( i forgot name)..
I always feel dull , luks like some1 has squeezed my all energy.. Pls help me & advice me..

Thx
Ritu

Jerry May 31, 2012 at 3:41 pm

I remember when I was in the Navy. Somebody would always say they just got done taking a cold shower and would always be happy and energetic. I thought he was weird or crazy for doing it. But I guess there was much more to it than I thought. lol.

Kyle June 2, 2012 at 8:51 am

Where do I buy these protective crystals and how can I do it in a way that won’t offend Christians who don’t believe in this stuff so I won’t have a negative energy field?

I live in Oregon and the nearest towns to me are Salem and Portland if that will be of any help to you.

Thanks for (hopefully) reading this.

Carole Fogarty June 4, 2012 at 8:49 am

Hi Kyle, I live in Australia so not familiar with where you can buy these crystals in America. Perhaps you could try on-line. Sorry I can’t be of more help. In Australia we have quite alot of new age book stores that sell crystals. Carole

najla December 8, 2014 at 10:19 pm

hi dear, I now what you mean, but crystals are so nice and make beautiful jewelry so no one will know if they are real or just glass. you can also find many of these crystals made in the shape of cross |(if you are christian and want one :)
where to buy them? i live in UK, and I order them online, i find the best ones designed on etsy, they have male and female jewelry , you can also check keyrings, you will find any shape you want carved.
so go to etsy.com and write the name of the crystal you are after and if you want a bracelet or cross or keyring and check the handmade products offered :)
I hope this is helpful. and not so late :D

Desiree July 19, 2012 at 1:29 am

Thanks for the article Carole! Great information and advice! I saw Kyle’s question and thought I would help out. ^^^^
I live in Houston TX and am pretty far from Salem too but you can check out a store called Earthbound, they are these hippy-esque shops in most malls and they sell a wide range of insence and crystals of different shapes, sizes and jewlery with crystals of different kinds and essential oils. I would imagine Portland would have something like this! I also found larger crystals for sale on ebay and amazon.com. But just make sure to clean the crystals after you purchase them. You don’t want to bring home any negative energy that was attached to the crystal. Good luck! And thanks again Carole!

ginger October 15, 2012 at 1:49 pm

Carole, do the gemstones you mention (ametrine + black tourmaline) need to be rough stones in order to work their healing magic? Or can one wear a faceted, polished, processed ametrine bracelet?

Thanks for the info!

Carole Fogarty October 16, 2012 at 12:25 pm

Hi Ginger, rough has always been my preferred option – its simply closer to its original organic nature. Of course that doesn’t mean polished stones have lost their quality their vibration would still interact with your energy system in a positive way.

susan March 16, 2014 at 2:29 pm

Go to ebay….That,s where I found all my crystals, for cheap, too!!!!

Umesh October 16, 2012 at 11:02 pm

Carole has the best and last word on self healing improvement, a small addition is when in presence of or in negative person/situation , cross your arms and legs as to stop letting anyones aura/any vibtrations outside spoil ur aura . A litmus test is when u feel tired and exhausted in someones presence or in a place , u will know what to do .
Hindus have a remedy: Take 7 green chillies and one ripe yellow lemon. Take a needle and thread, preferably black thread, tie a thick knot at the end or tie a black stone or charcoal. Now pierce it through the lemon first and then the 7 green chillies. So lemon is at the bottom hang it out outside of home not obstructing anyone going in , throw it away when either is black or dry. or carry a lemon & green chilli in ur purse. Hope these grandmas’s remedies help , like her food , her tricks cant be wrong .

Gaurav October 1, 2013 at 4:50 pm

Umesh, do not share information you fully do not understand. Let me explain, any kind of psychic gift must be exercised with great caution. Anything done to anyone, even if in the energy(spiritual) world, against their wish or consent will bear very negative karmic reactions.

About your green chilli and lemon thing, the seven green chillies represent the seven chakras, in India, you’ll mostly find them hanging at the entrance of commercial establishments and shops…energy wise what it does: pierce the seven chakras of the person passing through and stealing energy…whether financial or otherwise…and also weakens the aura of the person passing through…so they become more susceptible to the selling influence (again a sort of a psychic attack) of the shop owner…hope you can see the connection.

These tricks are known as “totka” in hindi or black magic in simple words.

But I do agree that in some situations where you may want to deliberately need to do it….may be to protect your space and energy…it might be useful…but again…these things must be done with a lot of discernment…think things through because your defense should not become on offense on some one else.

One of the best ways to energize, protect and heal yourself is to meditate regularly and open your crown to allow divine energies (like reiki) to do the job.

Any inputs and comments appreciated.

Be Blessed.

evelyn October 18, 2012 at 5:40 am

wow this information is amazing i was told i have dark spots in my aura .. i want to clean my aura i will start with these simple steps i’m looking forward to learning more

ginger October 29, 2012 at 9:29 am

Carole, thank you for sharing your wisdom (and answering our questions)! In your experience and opinion, do the gemstones themselves possess the powers (to heal/protect etc) or does the true power lay in the intentions we as people assign to the stones? Do we imbue the stones with power by directing our conscious intent? Or is it possible the stones by themselves possess this kind of power innately?

Thank you very much. I find all this fascinating!

winterborn November 24, 2012 at 4:26 pm

Is it true that wearing metal around your gemstone will block it’s healing powers? I have an ametrine bracelet, but it is surrounded by a brass and silver coated setting and band. Is it true that metals (silver, gold, copper, etc) put up a barrier around gemstones, impeding their posative attributes from having any effect? I ask because most jewelry (including raw gemstone jewelrey) have metal chains, are encased in metal settings, etc. Would that render the gemstones ineffective?

Carole Fogarty December 10, 2012 at 4:27 pm

@winterborn I can’t see how that would happen and this has not been my experience with crystals.

ginger December 3, 2012 at 12:29 pm

I guess what I’m really asking is…will the gemstones still work even if the person wearing them doesn’t believe in their powers? Doesn’t even know about their powers?

Carole Fogarty December 10, 2012 at 4:25 pm

Hi Ginger,

Yes, crystals carry a vibrational energy that interacts with our own personal energy fields. You certainly don’t need to understand nor believe to receive the benefits each crystal offers.

Jingle bells.

xx Carole

jackie December 11, 2012 at 8:37 am

im just learning about auras and came across ur website just want to say thankyou for all youre wonderful ways of cleansing ur aura and about the gemstones love and light jackie xx

Roberta Palmer December 24, 2012 at 4:25 pm

Thanks Carole,
Read James VanPraagh’s book. He mentioned that rips and tears in our aura can lead to illness, so I found your website for ways to heal the aura. It has been a traumatic year for me and I am need of healing. Thanks for all the suggestions!

Roberta Palmer

Carole Fogarty December 26, 2012 at 8:27 am

Roberta, you are very welcome. Peace, love and chocolate xx Carole

Isha Abrol October 22, 2013 at 12:26 am

Hi ,
Thanks for sharing information on your website abt aura . I need some clarity on protection and healing of damaged Aura , Aura Tears .
Can you pls let me knw any trusted site from where one can get authentic crystals or essence which can help heal damaged aura ? Should Flower Essence be prepared the following way? : -
Place seven (7) drops of Stock Essence into a 15ml to 30ml dropper bottle filled with 1/3 brandy and 2/3 purified water.
Pls suggest a reliable site from one can buy this essence ?

Nicole November 22, 2013 at 2:55 pm

Thank you for the helpful tips! I do many of them without realising they’re cleansing my aura, which is lovely to know x.

Daisy January 3, 2014 at 10:28 pm

I stumbled on this site after searching ‘dark fields in aura’. So much wonderful information. I will definitely be taking this advice after 2 things that directed me here. One is big health issues in the last 3 months and also has anyone noticed that when in the bath the water around the body becomes very dark and yet when you stand up it goes back to normal? That led me to believe it was something to do with my aura.
I will report back my successes .

Love and light to you all xxx

alex chai January 11, 2014 at 5:10 pm

try listening to peaceful music and sounds of the nature like sound of flowing rivers bird chirping feel the wind sounds of the crickets at night. be close the nature.

alex chai January 11, 2014 at 5:14 pm

focusing on the sound of nature while mediating helps too

nat January 18, 2014 at 6:30 pm

Hello Carole, would Dead Sea Salt be even more effective than regular sea salt?

Mar February 14, 2014 at 10:06 pm

Thank you for sharing this!!!