“Stop. Take a deep breath and feel your life” Cheryl Richardson
Are you tense and all knotted up? Then, this article has been written just for you. Starting now, and for the next 3 minutes, as you slowly read through my written words, you will automatically be softening, relaxing and un-knotting your body – bit by bit, by bit.
Following is a lovely relaxation ritual that I personally enjoy. You can do it anywhere, anytime and it’s perfect even if you don’t feel stressed, as I guarantee you’ll always find some hidden tight, tense bits somewhere in your body.
Your 3 minute relaxation ritual:
Read each of the following steps with your full awareness, slowly and thoughtfully. Pause ever so slightly after each one, as you allow your body time to respond, let go, soften and relax.
As you direct your energy, breath and attention towards certain areas of your body you are greatly supporting the release of trapped stuck stressed energy. Linger longer on any body bits that you feel are more knotted than others. Above all, enjoy, as your body deserves this extra special attention and opportunity to relax.
- Cheek muscles soften. My cheek muscles are now softening
- Forehead soften. My forehead is now softening
- Tongue and mouth soften. My tongue and mouth is now softening
- Eyes soften. My eyes are now softening
- Lips soften. My lips are now softening
- Ears soften. My ears are now softening
- Jaw soften. My jaw is now softening
- Thoughts soften. My thoughts are now softening.
- Head soften. My head is now softening
- Neck soften. My neck is now softening
- Shoulders soften. My shoulders are now effortlessly softening
- Here’s a great opportunity for me to remind you to read extra slowly so your body is receiving maximum benefit
- Fingers soften. My fingers are now softening
- Hands soften. My hands are now softening
- Wrists soften. My wrists are now softening
- Elbow soften. My elbow is now softening
- Arms soften. My arms are now softening
- Shoulders soften. My shoulders are now softening
- Collar bones soften. My collar bones are now softening
- Chest and ribs soften. My chest and ribs are now softening
- Stomach soften. My stomach is now softening. This one is worth repeating
- Hips soften. My hips are now softening
- Buttocks soften. My buttocks are now softening. This one is also worth repeating
- Legs soften. My legs are now softening
- Knees soften. My knees are now softening
- Ankles soften. My ankles are now softening
- Feet soften. My feet are now softening
- Toes soften. My toes are now softening
- Body soften. My body is now softening
- I am soft and relaxed, enjoying the present moment.
- Breathe in I am calm. Breathing out I smile.
Click here for my guided meditation – Evening ritual of softening.