By Carole Fogarty
Detox and De-stress:
I can hear your mind screaming now. Mess is clutter. Wrong. From my personal and professional experience (as Feng Shui Practitioner for 15 years) there is a huge energetic, emotional and physical difference between mess and clutter.
Clutter is hard to eliminate, toxic and blocks the flow of your life.
Healthy mess is part of daily living, it shows that your home is loved and lived in, its connected to all things that you use regularly and with a quick tidy up is easily sorted. Clutter is not used nor loved and never gets sorted. Bless your daily healthy mess.
Clutter lurks behind mess and pretends to be mess:
Relax with your daily mess (just for a while) and focus your time on the real energy draining culprit of clutter. It’s sneaky, it hides, plays emotional games with you, gets mixed up with your daily healthy mess and contributes nothing whatsoever to your life.
I can also guarantee that once your clutter is eliminated your daily mess will not have the same heavy energy that you once thought it had. It was simply the clutter lurking behind the mess which made you feel drained and exhausted in the first place.
A valuable observation which I have notice over the years, the less clutter the less daily mess. Strange but true. Its all about the energy.
- Mess is temporary
- Mess never gets ignored as it is cleared up within a few days or at the max a week
- Mess gets used often
- Mess moves around so there is energy flow
- Mess can bring you joy. I personally love seeing my children’s toys and creations all around my home.
- Mess can be creative inspiration. Often when I am working I have lots of perceived mess around me, notes, books and references. This is how my creative process of writing works. It is not clutter as it is cleared up by the end of the day.
- Mess is easily dealt with as opposed to clutter which is difficult to deal with
- Mess has a much lighter energy whereas clutter is heavy and draining
- Mess which is not packed away becomes clutter
- Mess is generally visually obvious and part of daily living whereas clutter is not that obvious as its often hiding somewhere
- Clutter never moves
- Clutter always stays in the one place
- Clutter is often hidden and not visually present
- Clutter drains your energy
- Clutter never gets used year in year out
- Clutter is unused, unwanted and unloved
- Clutter gets totally ignored
- Clutter clouds your thinking and blocks the flow of your life
Relax with your daily mess and get ruthless with your clutter.
Thanks for reading my article, Carole
Please visit my Wellbeing Toolbox which has been created just for you
or join me in Bali on my annual Womens Rejuvenation Retreat.